Wednesday, January 26, 2011

See The Sparkle In The Rain

Again I find my thoughts running toward how a person looks at life. I know that humanity would be unbalanced without pessimists, but since we are a socialized and relatively (?) civilized species, I often wonder.

The phrase "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" seems to be lacking. Snide remarks, sarcastic barbs.. they are such an accepted part of or day to day language. It's almost like a caustic liquid that continually eats away at the veneer that we learn to coat ourselves with when dealing with other people.

I'm far from being a saint, I struggle with a habit of making snap judgments. I express my road rage, not by tailgating, honking or cutting people off, but by yelling at the drivers (with my windows up.. I AM a recovering conflict weenie after all) for the minor things that irritate me.

If your day has gone to hell in a gilded handbasket even before you make it to the office DO SOMETHING about it before you inflict it on everyone you work with. Remember that it's not the fault of your coworkers it you partied into the night and are coming in hung over, if your kid puked on you just before you left the house or if you found the cornflake box empty when it was time for breakfast. Whatever it takes to adjust your attitude DO IT.

I promise, you're day will improve if you make an effort.. and your coworkers will be infinitely grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment