I cannot freaking BELIEVE I started this blog then forgot about it! A lot has gone down since that last post.. but at the end of the human wash cycle.. all is clean and fresh, but not quite new.
Biggest epiphany for me though is being diagnosed with ADHD and dealing with the fallout. From the 'Eureka' moments, when the pieces fall into place when I consider my past history.. to dealing with the naysayers who refuse to believe that I managed to go 40 odd years without anyone figuring it out. I think what burns my ass the most is knowing I'm being judged by people who have never dealt with any kind of medical or emotional(read mental) condition in their lives. People who are utterly convinced that because THEY have never experienced something that it can't possibly be real, and anyone telling you about their experiences is obviously gullible, or stupid or looking for an excuse for being simply fucked up.
I can say this however, I truly AM thankful they my brain is hardwired a little differently than most humans. It is this anomaly that allows for my quirky sense of humor and my innate ability to see things from a different angle.
I am what I am. The crux of this leg of my life's journey is to let go of the incessant worry about what other people are thinking. Despite the way society hones on how we should be like everyone else, the fact is that being willing to color outside the lines and accept ourselves as we are with no apologies is the prize we should all be seeking.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment