Saturday, February 5, 2011

Round & Round

I have been hoping all week that my brain would land on a suitable topic for a blog entry. I was at first disappointed when it didn't seem to- then this morning I remembered that there IS NO POINT to this randomness, so it doesn't matter right?

I describe myself frequently as one whose mental age is 20 years (or more) younger than my physical age. A total rationalization of my refusal to grow up- but with age there are SOME perks.
My attitude, however does not preclude my use of hindsight when dealing with those younger than myself.

I often fuss and fume about the decline of civility in our society. I can't deny that a lot of what I view as a departure, or shift, in values- is actually simply my looking in the 'rearview mirror' as times really DO change.

Good Lord, THAT was a tangle wasn't it? Short formed.. I'm getting older, the values that I grew up being taught are not always in play for the upcoming generations. Check!

I guess all I can do is be me. Keep smiling at strangers, doing the things that I do naturally, hoping that it will cause a chain reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment